|This free to use image is taken from http://www.dreamstime.com/|
I've been taking down pictures from my blog today. I am not nearly done, but it's a process. I am trying to include links to garments that are still on-line, but not all of them are so with time many of them will not be available.
I am taking this step to comply with Copy-right law, which I deeply respect and also to avoid possibility being sued for using other parties images.
I fully understand that this blog won't be it used to, but that is what I have to do.
I will post my own images only and links to what I find interesting, so if you choose to still follow me, you can go to the link and see what it is.
If you are a blogger yourself, this article might be interesting to you:
What the author says, you might be ok:
- if you link back to the source and list the photographer's name
- if the picture is not full-sized (only thumbnail size is okay)
- if you did it innocently
- if your site is non-commercial and you made no money from the use of the photo
- if you didn't claim the photo was yours
- if you've added commentary in addition to having the pic in the post
- if the picture is embedded and not saved on your server
- if you have a disclaimer on your site.
- if you immediately take down a pic if someone sends you a DMCA notice (you do have to take it down, but it doesn't absolve you.)
You might be ok, but non of the above guarantees you will. You still can get sued.
Since I turned pro selling my patterns and this site can be considered commercial, I can't take this risk.
Please, consider follow me on Facebook or Pinterest, the links are under the header.
I will post links to my findings on Facebook and they include image form links automatically, so you will actually see what I am talking about right away.
Sorry if I disappointed somebody, but I am sure majority of you will understand.
Happy crocheting, my friends!